This section provides instruction for the animal tab and its relation to other tabs.
1. The age fields are first for year and then months. The age can be be set buy typing it in with the keyboard or with the up and down arrows next to each field.
Note: not every auction requires age on the animals
2. The number field is for inserting multiple animals with the same same information. Use the keyboard to put in a number of animals.
3. By default, the Sex field in our example has a drop down list because of the database that was loaded. When you have drop down list field that is populated with options for the field the user can do the following. Select the arrow to the right of the field and select one of the options available. It is also possible to simply type in the gender with the keyboard if it is preferable to do it that way
Note: The "Add Row" button in the top left corner of the screen becomes active after the Sex field becomes populated. This field is the only required field to save the information to memory.
4. By default in our example the Color field also has a drop down list that is also populated with options for color. Select the arrow to the right of the color field and select one of the options available. As with the Sex field, it is also possible to simply type in the color with keyboard if it is preferable to do it that way.
5. The BackTag button can be selected to switch between entering the BackTag and the Penlot number. Note: the ticket# has some text as a preface to the field. This text is the BackTag Prefix the user entered in the Preferences and will be saved along with the number entered in the field.
In either case tapping on the provided field bring up the big input list screen.
select the number of the backtag or penlot and then hit either "OK" button
6. The EID field is exactly 15 characters long for ease in entering EID numbers which are 15 numbers long. Using the keyboard, enter the numbers and stop when you reach the end of the field.
7. The Vis field is for the Visual ID, use the keyboard to input the animals tag number.
8. The Tg2 field also has big input list, select the field to display the big input list.
select the number of the Tg2 and then hit either accept button
9. The field without a name is the User Custom field and is for the user to make comments about the animal(s). When selected it moves above the "Vis" field so that the user can view it above the keyboard. Input the comments with the keyboard.
10. The Brand has three button associated with for managing it. First the user can tap directly on the brand to get an enlarged view of the currently displayed brand.
11. The HD button is for drawing and editing the brand, to see how click here
12. The NB is to automatically change the brand to a message that says "NO BRAND"
13. The Loc field is for the location of the brand on the animal. By default the drop down list is populated with a list of acronyms that describe location on the animal. Select the arrow on the right of the field and then select the appropriate option from the list.
14. When all the needed information has been filled into the appropriate fields select the "Add Row" button at the top right corner of the screen. This will add as many animals as the number in the "Number" field (in our example its 1). Adding this animals will cause the counter number to go up to the number of animals saved. The counter is right next to the Number field. The Previous animal's PenLot#, Ticket#, the number of animals saved and the sex will be under "Prev:"
Note: adding a row clears the EID, Vis, and Loc fields. The row has been adding to the VisData Tab spreadsheet. For instruction on the VisData field click here
15. The fields with a big input list are that way because of the default settings used in the example. This can be changed in the tools menu. Select 'tools' and then 'Large Input Fields' to bring up the list of fields, uncheck them to input the information with the regular keyboard. Check these fields to input their information with the big input screens.
with the name checked
the keyboard is no longer necessary
16. The Auto Increment Fields tool is similar to the Large Input Fields tool. Checking one of the fields in the Auto Increment Field list will cause the number in that field to increase by 1 every time a row is added. select this options from the tools menu.