Your office Anywhere! The Mesa 2 is a sleek, ultra-rugged package that can go with you into the harshest environments out there. Running Windows® 8.1/10, the new Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet brings powerful functionality to your mobile data collection, featuring a vast, 7-inch, extra-bright display for easily viewing maps or large images, all-day battery power lasting up to 15 hours, and of course.
Long Lasting Power Source: The Mesa 2 has a built in battery and a battery compartment where a second battery is connected. This secondary battery can be removed and charged by the user while the Mesa 2 chargers for hot swaps. On it’s own the Mesa 2’s battery last for 8 – 10 hours, the additional battery adds 4 – 5 hours for those extra long days.
Powerful Windows OS: Running a full Windows OS, you can carry out the entire data collection process from start to finish on your Mesa 2. Full Windows operating system also means you’ve got a wide range of data collection software and apps to choose from.
Ultra Rugged: The Mesa 2 has an impressive IP68 rating, and is designed to exceed MIL-STD-810G for water, humidity, sand and dust, vibration, altitude, shock, and temperature. With a racing-fast processor, extra-long battery life, and unbeatable ruggedness, the Mesa 2 is designed for maximum efficiency in the harshest environments. It features a larger display than any previous Juniper Systems device, yet, the Mesa 2 is lightweight and ergonomic, minimizing fatigue while improving productivity. With all the functionality of a desktop computer packed into a tough, mobile device.
RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE FOR VETERINARIAN FaST eCVI
RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE FOR AUCTION CHECK-IN FaST Auction Check-In
RECOMMENDED SOFTWARE FOR READING RFID TAGS: FaST WEDGE FaST Wedge
YOUR OFFICE, ANYWHERE
Introducing… your new office. In a sleek package with the highest-rated protection against water and dust, the Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet can go with you into the harshest environments out there. Running Windows 10, the new Mesa 2 brings powerful functionality to your mobile data collection, featuring a large, 7-inch, extra-bright display for easily viewing maps or images, all-day battery power lasting up to 15 hours, and of course, the unmatched ruggedness that Juniper Systems is known for.
With a full Windows operating system, you can carry out the entire data collection process from start to finish on your Mesa 2. Snap a photo, record field notes, or capture a GNSS location, and then analyze the data you just collected using the Mesa 2. Or, quickly transfer your data to another computer or network using one of these ways. Its racing-fast processor and lightweight, ergonomic design ensure maximum efficiency and minimal fatigue. With all the functionality of a desktop computer packed into one ultra-tough tablet, the Mesa 2 will truly become your office, anywhere.
POWERFUL WINDOWS OS
The days of needing multiple devices to collect and analyze data with are gone. Running Windows 10, the Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet provides users with powerful functionality in the field—making the use of a desktop computer simply… optional.
Having a full Windows operating system also means you’ve got a wide range of data collection software and apps to choose from, making it easy to find a solution that fits your needs perfectly.
The Mesa 2 Rugged Tablet is built ultra-tough for unwavering reliability in the most rugged conditions out there. As the only Windows tablet on the market with the highest protection against water and dust, the Mesa 2 has an impressive IP68 rating, and is designed to exceed MIL-STD-810G for water, humidity, sand and dust, vibration, altitude, shock, and temperature. Translation: this thing is a tank. No matter if you’re working in hot or cold, wet or dusty conditions, consider the Mesa 2 your office, anywhere.
Visit the Mesa 2’s specifications page for all the rugged details.
BIGGER, BOLDER, BETTER DISPLAY
The Mesa 2 features a larger, brighter, 7″ display, providing more viewing area than any other Juniper Systems device before. Using specialized IllumiView™ technology, the Mesa 2’s display provides best-in-class outdoor visibility and clarity, along with stunning Intel® HD Graphics.
LONG BATTERY LIFE = MORE WORK DONE
There’s nothing that will bring your work to a halt faster than a dead battery. That’s why the Mesa 2’s battery lasts a full 8–10 hours on one charge to easily get you through a whole work day and even longer. Think you need more than that? You can even opt for an additional built-in battery that provides an extra 4–5 hours of runtime, plus hot-swap capability for easily changing batteries during those extra long days that take you into overtime.
On top of that, the Mesa 2 battery has an outstanding life cycle—so long, in fact, that you shouldn’t need to replace it for the Mesa 2’s entire lifetime! It’s also optimized for strong performance in cold temperatures, meaning you’ll get enhanced battery life, no matter what environment you’re working in.
MESA 2 STANDARD CONFIGURATIONS
- Integrated Long Range (UHF-RFID)*
- RS-232 9-Pin D-Sub*
- Upgraded GNSS with External Antenna Port*
- Built-In Battery + Hot-Swap Capability (4-5 hrs additional power)
- 128 GB Storage
Mesa 2 Brochure
Mesa 2 With Duel Battery Specifications
- Quad-core Intel® Atom™ Z3745
OPERATING SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE
- Microsoft® Windows 10 & Optional Windows 8.1
- Multiple languages supported (English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese)
- Windows Office must be purchased separately.
- Other options available, please contact Fort Supply for more details.
MEMORY AND DATA STORAGE
- 4 GB RAM (LPDDR3)
- 64 GB or 128 GB flash storage options
- User-accessible MicroSDXC card slot
- Intel® HD Graphics
- Active viewing area: 7″ (178 mm)
- Resolution: WXGA (1280 x 800)
- High-visibility backlit LCD for best-in-class sunlight view-ability
- Portrait or landscape orientation with automatic screen rotation
- Projected capacitive multi-touch interface for use with gloves, small tip stylus, and in wet conditions
- Optically bonded for increased visibility and strength
- Chemically-strengthened Dragontrail™ High Ion-Exchange (HIE™) coverglass for excellent impact and scratch resistance
- Adjustable LED backlit keys
- Four-way directional navpad
- Windows/home key
- Power key
- Enter key
- Three user-programmable function keys
- OEM configurable/customizable
- USB 3.0 x 1
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 12 VDC power input jack
- Docking port connections (Pwr, USB 2.0, & HDMI)
- Loud output speaker for noisy environments
- Dual digital microphone input for improved clarity
- Optional RS-232 9-Pin D-Sub connector with 5VDC power output
- Removable Li-Ion battery, 39 Whr
- Operates 8–10 hours on one charge
- Battery easily changeable in field
- Optimized for strong performance in cold temperatures
- Excellent lifecycle performance
- Optional built-in 19-Whr battery provides additional 4–5 hours runtime and hot-swap capability
- Size: 5.40″ w x 8.48″ l x 1.36″ d (137 x 215 x 35 mm)
- Weight: 1.5–2 lbs (680–907 g)
- Durable, chemical- and shock-resistant design
- Easy-to-grip, impact-absorbing, overmolded bumpers
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- IP68 waterproof and dustproof
- Operating Temperature: -4 F to 122 F (-20 C to 50 C)
- Storage temperature: -22 F to 158 F (-30 C to 70 C)
- Shockproof: multiple drops from 4′ (1.2–1.5 m) onto concrete
- Designed for MIL-STD-810G test procedures: Method 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude); Method 501.5 High Temperature; Method 502.5 Low Temperature; Method 503.5 Temperature Shock; Method 506.5 Rain; Method 507.5 Humidity; Method 510.5 Sand and Dust; Method 512.5 Immersion; Method 514.6 Vibration; Method 516.6 Shock
WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
- Long-range Bluetooth® Smart Ready wireless technology, v4.0 +EDR, Class 1.5, BLE support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- 4G LTE
CAMERA (GEO MODELS)
- Rear: 8 MP with LED illumination
- Front: 2 MP
- Juniper Geotagging™: embed photo with date, time, and GNSS position
GPS/GNSS (GEO MODELS)
- 2 to 5 meter typical accuracy
- uBlox NEO-M8N GNSS receiver and integrated antenna
- Integrated real-time SBAS receiver (WAAS, EGNOS, etc.)
- 72 GNSS tracking channels
- Optional: uBlox NEO-M8T w/post-processing data output and external GNSS antenna pass-through connection for sub-meter accuracy
BARCODE 1D/2D IMAGER (BARCODE MODELS)
- Optional built-in barcode imager and decoder
- Symbologies: all common 1D and 2D (PDF 417, MicroPDF417, Composite, RSS, TLC-39, Data matrix, QR code, Micro QR code, Aztec, MaxiCode, Postal codes, etc.)
- Programmable trigger buttons
- Visible aiming bullseye with low-light illumination
UHF RFID (RFID MODELS)
- Optional built-in UHF RFID module and antenna
- Region-specific frequency configurations (859–873 MHz & 915–930 MHz)
- EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) protocol support
- Wide output range (0 dBm to +27 dBm)
- Ambient light sensor
- TPM (Trusted Platform Module) v2.0
CERTIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS
- FCC Class B
- CE Marking (applicable EMC, R&TTE, and LVD directives)
- Industry Canada
- EN60950 Safety
- RoHS 2 Compliant
- 2-Year Warranty
- Service Plans Available
Applications of the MesaRanching: With a portable electronic management system, you can now take the power of electronic management in the field to effectively manage and document events. Monitor breeding groups in large pastures from horseback, ATV or pickup with the same system that you Age & Source your calves; record pregnancy test information and vaccination records and monitor saddle horse body temperature and identification.
Feedlot: Take advantage of electronic identification for management of incoming and outgoing livestock. Scan animals off the truck or place an electronic ear tag in each animal at processing and witness how easy it can be to manage all sizes of grouped animals.
Veterinarian Inspections: Disease testing is becoming more prevalent and the USDA has provided specific disease software programs for testing livestock. However, these programs have restricted use which limits the potential for electronic management outside of disease testing.
Dairy Ranch: Managing animals from multiple birth locations, keeping records on vaccinations or treatments applied at your facility, keeping track of movements in and out of your location, tracking paper slips around the office can all be a daunting task! Put your fears of electronic management to rest and start managing these calves on a reliable and accurate electronic management system.
Equipment Monitoring: By using an electronic marker, be it a passive EID tag, or a bar code number, you can easily track all information regarding any piece of equipment; from when it last went through maintenance to who checked on it last or any current work orders for that piece of machinery.
Auction Check-in: Having a mobile device to check in auction animals provides real time identification and documentation as fast as the animals arrive. Additionally the brand inspection can be accurately completed with ease. These can then be wirelessly transmitted throughout the auction yard to the office, while the inspections can be submitted to the state.
STANDARD ACCESSORIES INCLUDED WITH THE MESA 2
- Standard Removable 34-Whr Lithium-Ion Battery
- AC Wall Charger with International Plug Kit
- Capacitive Small-tip Stylus & Tether
- Quick Start Guide
- Hand Strap
- Connector Port Dust Cover
- Shipping Box with Sleeve
- 2-Year Warranty
Mesa 2 With Built-In 5300 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery – Part #25652
The Mesa 2 may be purchased with a 5300 mAh built-in battery, providing an additional 4-5 hours of battery life, plus hot-swap capability, allowing you to switch out the main battery while maintaining power
M2 Dock – Part #25680
The M2 Dock makes it easy to charge the Mesa 2, connect to an Ethernet network, and even use the tablet with an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse, just like a desktop. Download the M2 Dock product sheet here, or learn about all the ways you can transfer data from your Mesa 2 to another computer or network here.
Mesa 2 Flip Cover Case – Part #25677
This Cordura® cover provides additional protection to the Mesa 2 while in use. Includes: 4 D-ring attachments, a home for the stylus, adjustable hand strap, shoulder strap, and protective display cover.
Mesa 2 Four-Point Harness
This webbing-based harness is used to carry and view the Mesa 2 hands-free, and consists of four plastic clips and four metal O-ring webbing connectors.
Complete Care Service Plans
While our manufacturer’s warranty protects against manufacturer’s defects, we offer additional service plan options that provide extra benefits through participating repair centers, including:
- Service plan coverage up to an unprecedented five years from the original product ship date.
- Up to 50% discount on all charged repairs.
- Expedited repairs and return shipping at no additional charge.
- Replacement of worn and/or damaged parts at no additional charge.
- Complete Comprehensive Coverage to protect your investment even when accidents occur.
- Loaner product option when even a 1-day expedited repair is not enough.
- Priority support through a personal account specialist