This section contains all general help/support needed for FaST Brand Auction Mobile. The help sections are listed Below.
If you still cannot find what you are looking for, try the search engine in the top left corner of the screen. If you would prefer to talk to a customer support representative, please call 1-435-760-7688 or e-mail Karl Calderwood.
This first section shows the different screens used by FaST EID. Each section has unique functions to help the user manage the data collected with greater ease.
- Owner Tab
- Animal Tab
- VisData Tab
- Pen Lot Tab
- Premises Tab
- Book in Tab
- Hand Drawn
- Preferences Page
- Select a Database
- Changing Wireless Servers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Updates
Click on the different buttons on this screen to see what they do
The Abbreviations are as follows
FN: First Name
P#: Phone Number
LN: Last Name
LH: Lien Holder
Letter: First letter of brand
Zip: Zip code
Loc: Location of brand on the animalNotice that when the user is putting the first name in the field, there is a button next to the field that says “P#” this stands for Phone number. When the user is putting the number in the field, a FN button is displayed. Selecting these buttons will switch back and forth to enable the user to input both pieces of information.
while its loading it will show this screen2. This will bring up a scrollable spreadsheet with all the information you have already provided but uploading it to the program.
Note: This example spreadsheet has been modified so no sensitive information about this company is displayed 3. from here simply select the person your looking for and then hit select. 4. The Owner screen will then display with the saved information on display in both sets of fields.
1. The recent check box can be checked to remember someones information. Once the information is in the fields in the owner tab and at least one animal recorded in the animal tab, the person can be selected from the drop down list. Note: Make sure that you give this group of information a name that is easy to remember.
after the row is added select ‘Accept’ from the bottom of the screen.
Select the ‘Mod’ button in the top right corner to Modify the fields of any recently saved person’s information.
Select the desired Person you wish to modify, but hitting the arrow in the right of the field.
This causes the field to populate with the information that has already been saved. From this point the user can add, remove, or change the information in all the fields with the keyboard.
Once the Information in the fields is accurate select the ‘Modify’ button in the middle of the screen to save the information, this will clear the fields.
Now when the person is selected in the owner tab the information will have been changed. Note the first name and last name change in the ‘recent’ drop down list.
Close Form will return the user to the owner tab screen, wither or not if the information has been saved.
Delete will delete the selected person and all their information from the ‘recent’ list
This section provides instruction for the animal tab and its relation to other tabs.
1. The age fields are first for year and then months. The age can be be set buy typing it in with the keyboard or with the up and down arrows next to each field.
Note: not every auction requires age on the animals
2. The number field is for inserting multiple animals with the same same information. Use the keyboard to put in a number of animals.
3. By default, the Sex field in our example has a drop down list because of the database that was loaded. When you have drop down list field that is populated with options for the field the user can do the following. Select the arrow to the right of the field and select one of the options available. It is also possible to simply type in the gender with the keyboard if it is preferable to do it that way
Note: The “Add Row” button in the top left corner of the screen becomes active after the Sex field becomes populated. This field is the only required field to save the information to memory.
4. By default in our example the Color field also has a drop down list that is also populated with options for color. Select the arrow to the right of the color field and select one of the options available. As with the Sex field, it is also possible to simply type in the color with keyboard if it is preferable to do it that way.
5. The BackTag button can be selected to switch between entering the BackTag and the Penlot number. Note: the ticket# has some text as a preface to the field. This text is the BackTag Prefix the user entered in the Preferences and will be saved along with the number entered in the field.
In either case tapping on the provided field bring up the big input list screen.
select the number of the backtag or penlot and then hit either “OK” button
6. The EID field is exactly 15 characters long for ease in entering EID numbers which are 15 numbers long. Using the keyboard, enter the numbers and stop when you reach the end of the field.
7. The Vis field is for the Visual ID, use the keyboard to input the animals tag number.
8. The Tg2 field also has big input list, select the field to display the big input list.
select the number of the Tg2 and then hit either accept button
9. The field without a name is the User Custom field and is for the user to make comments about the animal(s). When selected it moves above the “Vis” field so that the user can view it above the keyboard. Input the comments with the keyboard.
10. The Brand has three button associated with for managing it. First the user can tap directly on the brand to get an enlarged view of the currently displayed brand.
11. The HD button is for drawing and editing the brand, to see how select the hand drawn tab at the top of the page.
12. The NB is to automatically change the brand to a message that says “NO BRAND”
13. The Loc field is for the location of the brand on the animal. By default the drop down list is populated with a list of acronyms that describe location on the animal. Select the arrow on the right of the field and then select the appropriate option from the list.
14. When all the needed information has been filled into the appropriate fields select the “Add Row” button at the top right corner of the screen. This will add as many animals as the number in the “Number” field (in our example its 1). Adding this animals will cause the counter number to go up to the number of animals saved. The counter is right next to the Number field. The Previous animal’s PenLot#, Ticket#, the number of animals saved and the sex will be under “Prev:”
Note: adding a row clears the EID, Vis, and Loc fields. The row has been adding to the VisData Tab spreadsheet. For instruction on the VisData field click here
15. The fields with a big input list are that way because of the default settings used in the example. This can be changed in the tools menu. Select ‘tools’ and then ‘Large Input Fields’ to bring up the list of fields, uncheck them to input the information with the regular keyboard. Check these fields to input their information with the big input screens.
with the name checked
the keyboard is no longer necessary
16. The Auto Increment Fields tool is similar to the Large Input Fields tool. Checking one of the fields in the Auto Increment Field list will cause the number in that field to increase by 1 every time a row is added. select this options from the tools menu.
1. The Visdata tab is for managing information that has been created in the Animal tab, each is created one row at a time and is managed in a spreadsheet form as shown in this space.
Note: When the spreadsheet extends beyond the screen the user can use the scroll bars to view the different part of the sheet. Simply hold the stylus on the bar and move it through the white space to move the scroll.
2. The left section of blue buttons are used to select the entire row.
Note: The user may select multiple rows by holding the stylus on the blue buttons and moving it over multiple row buttons.
Note: The top row is not a button, it is only to label each column.
3. The Modify Row button is change some or all of the information in a single row. Select a cell in the row you want to modify or the entire row itself and then hit “Modify Row”. The animal tab screen will be displayed so the user can modify.
Notice that the modified Animal tab is red to help the user differentiate between this screen and the regular animal tab.For instruction on how to change these fields in the animal tab click here
When the data has been sufficiently changed select the modify row to save the changes.
4. The Delete row button is to delete row. Select a cell of the row you want to delete, or the entire row and then hit delete row.
Pen Lot Tab
1. Typically these instructions start at the top of the screen but in the Pen Lot tab we start at the bottom. First brands must be added, Use the “Add Brand” button to do this.
Note: The band that appears in the left menu is the brand that has already been selected. To change them, it must be done in the owner tab or the animal tab. For instruction on how to do so check the instruction on either the Animal tab or the Owner tab.
2. Many Brands may be added to the left menu using step 1. To remove one simply select it from the left menu and the hit “Remove”.
3. At the top of the page, there is a field for Comments and Clearance. Selecting the Blue button will toggle the fields back and forth for entering both pieces of information.
4. The Color field has a default drop down list to select from. Click on the arrow on the right of the field and then select the desired color from the list or use the keyboard to type in name of the color.
5. The Tg2 field and the PL# field have big input list, for the example the Tg2 will be used. select the field to display the big input list.
select the numbers for the Tg2 (our example is 12) and then hit either accept button.
Note: The PL# field works the same as the Tg2 field. The Penlot# field will remain populated until it is changed or erased. The Penlot# is required to add animals to a brand.
6. The Target field also has a big input list, select the field to display it.
Note: when the field is already populated, the Big input screen highlights the number. This is so the user may start typing to automatically replace the number.
for our example the number 75 is input and then “OK” without clearing 1000. This leads to the number 75 instead of 100075.
Note: The target number is also displayed outside and to the left of the field.
7. Select the Brand that represents the Organization/Owner for the target amount of animals to be saved under. Click the appropriate gender multiple times to add up animals. Notice that as you do so the Target number counter goes down to let you know how many of your target number are left. (For our example we have hit the steer button 10 times)
To remove an animal of a certain gender one at a time, select the ” – ” button
8. When it is necessary to hold an animal the user may use a check mark to make a hold. Select the brand from the left menu and then tools.
Then select either “Hold Brand (Penlot)” for the brand you have selected
or select “Hold Penlot (Penlot)” for all the Brands that have been added to the left menu
Book in tabCurrently being modified, check back again in sometime.
Hand Drawn Brands
Click the different buttons on this Archer screen to see what they do.
1. When you first come to this screen your currently selected brand will be displayed. To draw simply move the stylus along the screen in the white space under the top NB and Loc buttons and above the Accept, cancel, clear and all buttons.
2. The top left button labeled “NB” is for “NO Brand” to be printed to the screen.
3. The top right drop down menu is for the location of the brand on the animal. Select the little arrow on the right of the field to drop down a list of options to chose from. pick the one that matches the location on the animal.
Note: The abbreviations are L:left, R:right, B:back,
4. It is possible to have up to 5 different brands, use the arrows right below the drawing area. Each Brand should have a different location associated with it.
Notice that the location number goes up and has been assigned to a different location for each brand.
5. The buttons in between the left and right arrows are used as follows
Accept: uses the brands the user has drawn and returns you to the Owner tab.
Cancel: returns the user to the Owner tab without the brands
Clear: Removes the drawing from the screen.
All: Is to clear all five brands. Note this also clears the location field
6. To include more than five brands simply divide the screen by drawing divider lines and including the location next to the brand.
Preferences PageVideo Demonstration of Preferences Navigating to the Preferences Page The first time you load the program it should automatically take the user to the preferences page after the title page. If this screen does not appear you can return to this page by doing following: 1) From any tab select the tools menu. 2) In the tools menu select preferences.
This page should then be displayed:
Select a DatabaseVideo of Selecting a Database 1. From any screen aside from the Preferences screen select ‘Tools’ and then ‘Select Database’
2. From this menu select the brand database you want to use.
Note: depending on the brand database the name of the file will start with the name of the state or “cattle” or anything to help describe the file at a glance.
Changing Wireless Servers1) Tap on start 2) Tap on settings
3) Tap on the connections tab
4) Tap on WiFi
5) Select Network. Tap and hold until a menu pops up.
6) Tap on connect to connect to selected network.
Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I check in a group of animals with different owners? How do I check in animals with the same owner? How do I upload inspected animals to my PC? How do I download an updated brand data base? How do I modify inspections? Why can’t I find the brand I’m looking for?
How do I check in a group of animals with different owners.
This is how to check animals in from a group lot with different owners/Brands1) Start on the owner Tab. Enter in the first or last name (either partially or completely) and then tap on complete. This will return all names from the Data Base that match the criteria (Click Here for information regarding search options) 2) Select the correct owner information from the returned information list and tap on “Select” This will return you to the Owner tab with all the information entered in. 3) Tap on the Pen Lot tab, and tap on “Add Brand”
NOTE: Repeat steps 1-3 for each brand in the pen. (if the Brand must be hand drawn and the owner entered in manually, select the Hand drawn tab at the top of the page for instruction on how to draw, and here for the owners information. The process for adding the brand in step three of this page remains the same whether the brand was hand drawn or selected from the database.)4) Enter a target to reach. This number is the number of animals in the pen. As you enter animals, the number to the right will decrease representing the remaining animals that have yet to be assigned to an owner/brand. 5) As animals leave the pen, or walk past the inspector in the alley, tap on the brand, and then tap on the animals sex. This will add animals of that sex to the selected brand. NOTE: If an animal is added to a brand and need to be removed, tap on the minus sign to the right. NOTE: If all of the animals left in the pen belong to one brand and are the same sex, than tap on that brand and then tap on the Blue BL button of the appropriate sex. 6) As the user is adding animals to each brand the information fields may be filled remaining unique for each brand. Select each brand and add the information. in our example, each brand has a different pen lot number and color of animal.
7) when all the animal in the pen are entered, tap on “AcceptPL” to complete the transactions.
NOTE: For detailed instructions on all the tabs visited in this example, please see the links on the left hand navigation panel.
How do I check in animals with the same owner.
Note: While on the Animal Tab you can the animal(s) information to the Visdata tab by selecting Add Row once you have the desired information filled in.
5) When done tap on Accept to save the transaction and return to a blank Owner’s tab to begin again.
How do I upload inspected animals to the PC?1. Once you have your inspected animals saved select the “upload” tab to navigate to this screen.
2. From this screen select upload
Note: If an error comes up its because the archer isn’t connected to the WiFi, for help on connecting click here. If the Archer still doesn’t connect it might be that the URL has been changed. From tools menu select preferences and then the System tab. in the URI field make sure that the field reads http://192.168.15.2:8080 and then select Accept.
How do I download an updated brand data base?1. Connect the Archer to the internet. The Archer can be connected by WiFi or by Active-sync. 2. Wait until the message indicating that the database has been successfully downloaded appears on the Archer screen.
Windows Vista/71) Click on Start then on All Programs
Windows XP1. Select ‘start’ and then hit ‘all programs’
How Do I Modify Inspections?
Modify by Owner
From this Screen select the Inspection you wish to modify and select “Load Selected Inspections”
2) Now the information are in their respective tabs, all the tabs are now green as a reminder that you are viewing a previously saved inspection.
3) In the VisData tab select a row you wish to change and then select Modify row.
4) In the Owner and Animal tab you can change the information in the fields just like when the information was put in the first time. Once the Information suits you then select ‘modify row’ in the animal tab.
5) Once you changed all row to you liking select ‘accept’ at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Once this option is selected it will automatically synchronize your animal files that you have been working into this list.
1) Select the animal by clicking a cell in the desired row, or the entire row. Once the animal that is to be modified and then select Load Animal.
Note: If there are multiple animals belonging to the owner of the animal that the user selected then this text box will display. The animal the user selected will be modified but it is possible to modify the other animals from the animal tab. see step 3
2) The Animal tab will then be displayed as a modifiable screen (red background). Using the fields, change the information and then select modify.
3) If the owner of the animal the user has selected has multiple animals then can be selected instead of the currently selected animal. Select the the VisData Tab and then cancel, this will allow the user to select all the animals in VisData (owned by the owner). Select a different animal and click “Modify Row” and repeat step 2.
4) Once the Animal has bee modified the Synchronize list will be displayed. The row that the user has changed will be blue, but it won’t display the changed ticket#, sex or Custom field information. the change will take place once the Synchronize option reloads the list with the new animal. Select the Synchronize button to reload the list, Also the AutoSync option can be checked so the list will reload every time an animal is modified.
Note: when the Synchronize button is green it means that the user has changed information on one or more animals and that a Synch is recommended.
5) The list is arranged by the Ticket# column, if the Ticket# has been changed it will be in a different order, simply scroll or type in the correct number in the search bar and select search to find the modified animal.
Why can’t I find the brand I’m looking for?
Some Files have similar names so make sure you select the correct file.
2. If you are looking for a word that is within a phrase make sure the “fast search” option is turned off in the preferences. In the tools menu select the preferences.
Uncheck the “Fast Search” by tapping the box.
it is now possible to search for “Alantro” inside “Rancho Alantro, LLC”. Type in the word and then select Complete.
Sometimes The word your searching for will not be displayed.
Simply stretch the column to check if there is more words that is not being displayed.
List of Updates
Updates for version 3.2.6 (7 July, 2017)
- The lien only adds to animals whom have a lien against the brand. If the animal have no brands there will not be a lien in the lien institute in the xml.
Updates for version 1.3.2 (9 January, 2016)
- The format of the data entry form is now different based on whither the inspector is in a non-bruc state or not.
Updates for version 1.3.1 (30 January, 2015)
- A time stamp to each animal entry to vindicate the time in which it was added. the format is HH:MM:SS
- It is now possible to turn of the test and results date time if the user so desires.
Updates for version 1.3.0 (12 January, 2015)
- there is now an option enable duplicate reads of RFID tags. it is located in the preferences under “Enable EID”.
Updates for version 1.2.8 (31 December, 2014)
- Overdrive Autoscan feature has been added to prevent errors when streaming the auto save function.
Updates for version 1.2.7 (10 December, 2014)
- It is now possible to connect to and disconnect from the different RFID scanners through bluetooth from the preferences screen on the main screen of FaST eCVI
Updates for version 1.2.6 (9 December, 2014)
- Now allows the user to walk out of the range of Bluetooth devices and then simply tap on the Bluetooth to reconnect when coming back into range.